Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Top 10 Records Of 2008

At the end of every year, I like to compile a list of my Top 10 favorite records. I'm a sucker for lists, so you'll be seeing a lot of them in my blog. In a nutshell, 2008 was another great year for music. We saw many interesting records being released, but I won't go into further detail. One notable mention is Bob Dylan's Tell Tale Signs, his eighth installment in the Bootleg Series. This is a really great collection of alternate takes and B-sides to his previous releases from Modern Times, Love & Theft and Time Outta Mind. The live tracks here are also killers. I didn't include this in my Top 10, due to obvious reasons. Here's the brilliant Rolling Stone review: http://www.rollingstone.com/artists/bobdylan/albums/album/23226242/review/23306214/tell_tale_signs_the_bootleg_series_vol_8


Here's my Top 10 records of 2008:

1. Mudcrutch - Mudcrutch

2. Ryan Adams & The Cardinals - Cardinology

3. Brian Wilson - That Lucky Old Sun

4. R.E.M. - Accelerate

5. The Hold Steady - Stay Positive

6. Lucinda Williams - Little Honey

7. My Morning Jacket - Evil Urges

8. Metallica - Death Magnetic

9. The Black Crowes - Warpaint

10. AC/DC - Black Ice