Saturday, March 28, 2009

Working On A Dream Tour Preview: Part 2


After having listened to the bootleg of the first night, I'm more excited than ever bout the new tour, though my show is three months away. Some killer live tracks from the new album are Outlaw Pete, Surprise Surprise and This Life. The harmonies are great and the two new backup singers elevate that experience. It's also hilarious that Bruce tried having the Asbury Park audience to sing different parts. I'll be damned if he can actually pull this off every night during the tour! Moving on to The Wrestler, OMG. Even on bootleg, it's still sounds amazing. I hope this will be a tour staple. And Jay Weinberg is fucking great on the drums, and I would dare say, much better than his awesome dad! And he's only eighteen!!

Below are some of the songs I'd like to hear live in Hyde Park. And being the only London date (sadly), I foresee this one will be a pretty epic show.

Night (dream opener)
Jungleland
Thunder Road
Backstreets
Incident On 57th Street
The Rising
4th Of July, Asbury Park (Sandy)
Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)
The E Street Shuffle (dream closer)
Detroit Medley (this song blows me away every time)