Wednesday, November 11, 2009

My 1st Pearl Jam Concert Preview

So, it's finally here!!! I've been waiting five years for this shit. Pearl Jam is undoubtedly one of the very best bands in the world today, and their live shows are unrivaled. They're one of those bands that always feed off the energy from the crowd. And when it comes down to setlist, no two shows are ever the same. In fact, they mix up their setlists so much that we really don't know what they might bust out next. What song could they open with in Perth? My guess is Oceans! They haven't played this in a long time, and besides, Perth is so near the ocean, and it only makes sense. Oh yeah, Eddie loves to surf in Australia too!

Man, I really want 'em to play all my favorite tunes; I Got Id, Immortality, Go, Blood, Smile, Grievance, Lukin, Big Wave, In Hiding, Given To Fly, Rearviewmirror, You Are, and of course the big one, Red Mosquito, which I'm sure Ben Harper will provide slide guitar to!!! I know they won't play all of those, but as long as Last Kiss isn't played, then I'm happy :) And how bout those kick-ass covers? Let's see: Crazy Mary, The Real Me, Love Reign O'er Me, Rockin' In The Free World, Fuckin' Up, Baba O'Riley. This one's a long shot, but I know the guys are capable of playing this, and they probably will one day: Cortez The Killer.

If this Saturday's show is as good as any of those four Philly shows.......I'll just go fucking nuts!!! Right now, I'm listening to the O2 London bootleg (great performance btw) to psyche myself up. What a way to end the year full of great live music. Till next Monday :)