Saturday, May 15, 2010

Has Bruce Springsteen jumped the shark?

By now, many of us have probably heard about Lady Gaga performing with Sting, Elton John, Debbie Harry and Bruce Springsteen on a cover version of Journey's Don't Stop Believin' at a benefit concert in NYC last night. Personally, I'm a little ticked off by the fact that Bruce shared the same stage with Gaga. It's not jealously or anything. I personally don't like Lady Gaga and her music. Sure, she's talented and shit but there's just something about her image and her songs that really fucking pisses me off. I don't get why people say she's the biggest thing in music now. What's so fucking great about her music anyway? I just don't get her. I know she's a Springsteen fan, so for the Boss to 'duet' with her was probably a dream come true. And as for Bruce making the decision to perform -- well, he's at an age where he could do whatever the fuck he wants and care less bout what his fans think. I just pray to God he doesn't duet with Gaga on her next album. I also pray that she completely disappears from the music scene within the next year or so.