Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Wave Goodbye: NIN Concert Review


Last night was my first show since Springsteen. I was pretty lucky to be able to see Nine Inch Nails, considering this is their last tour ever. I've heard many good things about their live shows, and they didn't disappoint at all. Probably the best use of lights I've ever seen, even surpassing Coldplay. I didn't think it'd be possible to cram so many lights onto such a small stage. Also, this is the loudest concert I've heard by far, despite being held in an outdoor venue. And I mean real, fucking loud. Trent Reznor was in great shape and showed plenty of energy right from the start, though he didn't really interact much with the suprisingly small crowd. This show is one for the books.

Somewhat Damaged
Terrible Lie
Heresy
March Of The Pigs
Piggy
Reptile
Closer
I'm Afraid Of Americans (David Bowie cover)
Burn
Gave Up
La Mer
The Fragile
The Frail
The Wretched
Non-Entity
Gone, Still
The Downward Spiral
Wish
Survivalism
Echoplex
The Day The World Went Away
The Hand That Feeds
Head Like A Hole

Hurt